With a very impressive 9.9 ft of drop protection, a slim profile and a pleasant feel in the hand, the Tech21 Evo Check Active Edition will protect your phone well and look good doing it. It is easy to get on and off your phone and is a pleasure to use. Crafted from a glossy TPU, fortified by a protective FlexShock ring around the sides, the Evo Check Active Edition looks great, but does have a tendency to pick up fingerprints and smears. As long as it is kept clean, however, it will continue looking fantastic as it provides superior protection for your iPhone 7 Plus.
* 9.9 ft of drop protection
* Slim profile and good looks.
* Nice feel in the hand.
* Easy to get on and off.
* Decent amount of grip as long as it is kept clean.
* Easy press buttons.
* Good amount of lip to protect the screen.
* Generous lightning port opening should fit many third party lightning cables.
* Protruding rear camera is properly protected and there is no issue with flash photography.
* Glossy TPU exterior shows fingerprints easily and loses its grip if allowed to get greasy.
* Case fits firmly on the phone on the top and sides, but the bottom is very slightly loose.
* Check pattern on the interior of the case can leave a temporary mark on the back of your iPhone with use; however, it is easily rubbed off with a damp microfiber cloth.
The Tech21 Evo Check Active Edition is available directly from Tech21 as well as from a variety of other retailers: it has an MSRP of $39.95 and comes in pink, white and black options. Many thanks to the kind folks at Tech21 for sending me out this sample to review.
For more details, check out my YouTube review: