Battery cases are great, but they are bulky and you don’t need them on all the time…just when you are running low. That’s where a modular case system like OtterBox uniVERSE with the PolarPro PowerPack module is perfect. The uniVERSE case allows you to slide on accessories when needed, and then slide them off when you are done, so when you need extra juice, you can just slide on the PowerPack module, and then slide it back off once you have gotten charged up. The system works quite well and adds minimal bulk to your iPhone. Perhaps the best thing about the OtterBox uniVERSE case system is that it allows you to use uniVERSE accessories across different phone models and generations, as long as you have a uniVERSE case. No need to buy all new accessories when you upgrade your iPhone!
* Slides on for an extra charge when needed and then can be removed when it is done. No need to carry around a bulky battery case all day.
* Slim form factor.
* Attaches very securely to OtterBox uniVERSE case.
* Charges via included micro usb cable.
* Allows you to have the protection for your iPhone that an OtterBox provides.
* No need to buy all new accessories when you upgrade your iPhone—just buy a new uniVERSE case and most of your old uniVERSE accessories should still work.
* At least in my experience, my iPhone 7 Plus got a little over 50% charge, rather than the 70% the product claims.
* Slim attachment to uniVERSE case overall, but sticks out the bottom of the case quite a bit.
* No pass through charging.
Available directly from PolarPro as well as from other retailers, the PowerPack retails for $49.99. Many thanks to PolarPro for sending me out this sample to review.
The OtterBox uniVERSE case is available directly from OtterBox as well as from other retailers. It is currently available for the iPhone 6/6s and 7 for $49.95 and for the iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus and 7 Plus for $59.95. Many thanks to OtterBox for sending me out this iPhone 7 Plus sample to review.