Crafted from industrial grade aluminum and strategically placed TPU, the K11 bumper for iPhone 7 Plus promises 9 ft of drop protection and is incredibly light and thin. It is a perfect fit with ThanoTech’s companion product–the E2E Glass tempered glass screen protector, which is a non curved edge to edge screen protector that is surprisingly case compatible. And for those people worried about getting scratches on the back of their phone when using a bumper, versus a full case, the K11 comes with a pair of optional plastic back protectors that you can install if desired. Overall, it is an impressive package and can be a great choice for the person who wants to keep as slim a profile as possible and show off the beauty of their iPhone while not sacrificing impact protection.
* 9 ft drop protection.
* Incredibly thin and lightweight!
* Easy to install and remove.
* Aluminum and TPU construction. The positioning of the TPU over antenna band areas allows this bumper to operate with no apparent signal loss. If there is any, it is too small for me to notice.
* Nicely clicky buttons.
* Protruding camera is protected by a small ridge over the camera opening. It provides sufficient protection, but just barely.
* Case is grippier than the version for the iPhone 6s Plus, but still not what you would call grippy, by any stretch of the imagination. It is, however, not terribly slippery.
* Works perfectly with ThanoTech’s E2E Glass edge to edge tempered glass screen protector.
* Comes with 2 plastic back protectors to protect the back of your phone from scratching.
* Back protectors are tricky to install.
* Lightning port opening will fit some third party lightning cables, but it may not fit very large ones.
The K11 bumper retails for $34.95 and comes in 4 colors: the black reviewed here, as well as gold, silver and rose gold. The E2E Glass tempered glass screen protector featured in this review retails for $29.95 and comes in your choice of black or white rimmed. Many thanks to the kind folks at ThanoTech for sending me out these samples to review.
Want to know more about the E2E Glass screen protector featured here? Check out my YouTube video: