Moshi’s IonGlass is an edge to edge, tempered glass screen protector that features strengthened glass, smooth beveled edges, and a killer oleophobic coating. Unfortunately, it is also prone to a small degree of bubbling. Despite several attempts to reinstall and reposition the IonGlass, I continued to encounter significant issues with small bubbles in one or more corners. Interestingly, however, the majority of the bubbles disappeared within about a week…but I was still left with one stubborn bubble in the end. It could be that this final bubble would eventually be absorbed and disappear, but I was not able to leave the screen protector on my phone long enough to see that happen. Moshi was kind enough to send me a second IonGlass screen protector, but I had a similar experience with the second one in terms of bubbling as well. However, despite this corner bubble issue, I truly enjoy using the IonGlass. Bubbles are only noticeable when the screen is off, and their corner location means that they are never in the way. And as far as other usability factors are concerned, the IonGlass is so outstanding that the bubbling issue tends to be outweighed. For me, having a slippery smooth screen protector with a great oleophobic coating simply overshadows any pesky bubbling issues.
* Outstanding oleophobic coating looks great, feels great and greatly reduces fingerprints and smearing.
* Excellent fit on the phone screen. Edge to edge protection.
* Beveled edges on the edge of the IonGlass and around the home button give the screen protector a nice, smooth feel and are much appreciated.
* Optical clarity is excellent and there are no issues with 3D Touch.
* Full screen dust removal sticker included in the package makes it very easy to ensure a dust free surface on your phone.
* Good case compatibility.
* Prone to small corner bubbles during installation. Some disappeared after a week or so, but one stubborn one remained and would not budge.
The Moshi IonGlass is available directly from Moshi as well as from other retailers and has an MSRP of $44.95. Two color options are available—white or black rimmed, to match the various iPhone models. Many thanks to the kind folks at Moshi for sending me out these samples to review.