Now available in a stunning Crimson color, UAG’s top of the line case, the Monarch, features 2x military drop test standard protection, upscale leather panels, an enhanced grip, and comes with a ten year warranty.
* Protects your phone to twice the military drop test standard. Normally, a phone case should survive 26 4 ft drops: the Monarch is designed to survive 52 of them.
* Top grain leather insets give this case a more upscale appearance.
* Grippy sides are a pleasure to hold.
* Good protective lip around the screen.
* Enlarged corners jut out slightly to provide enhanced drop and scratch protection.
* Nice clicky buttons.
* Easy install and removal; the softer, more rubbery sides of the Monarch make this case easier to get on and off than UAG’s other case lines.
* 10 year warranty is presumably an indicator of product durability over time.
* 10 year warranty is way too long: no one would ever be using a smartphone for that length of time. UAG should just call it a four year warranty, or something else more reasonable.
* Considerable price bump over UAG’s standard cases.
* UAG’s decision to make this case compatible with both the iPhone 7 Plus and 6s Plus is questionable, as the port openings don’t look quite right when the case is on the iPhone 7 Plus, and the camera opening will be hugely oversized if the case is used on an iPhone 6s Plus.
* Advertising this case as having 2x Mil-Spec protection makes you think that it can survive 26 8 ft drops, while the reality is that it can survive 52 4 ft drops. Somewhat deceptive advertising, in my opinion!
Conclusion: Overall, UAG Monarch is a great case and I really enjoy using it on my iPhone 7 Plus. It is on the pricy side for a slim protective case, but some people will definitely find the enhanced protection and other new features to be worth the price. Available in Crimson, Platinum and Graphite, the Monarch retails for $59.95 and is available directly from UAG as well as from other retailers. Many thanks to UAG for sending this case out to me to review.
http://tech-reviewer.com/uag-monarch-crimson-iphone-7plus (amazon affiliate link)