Tech21’s Evo Check packs an impressive 10 feet of drop protection, and its slim profile won’t weigh down your iPhone 8 Plus. It has a pleasant amount of grip and feels good in the hand. It’s also very easy to get on and off your phone. However, the case sags slightly around the bottom port opening area. Not a huge deal—the case fits firmly everywhere else and is in no danger of slipping off, but it is mildly annoying.
*10 ft of drop protection
* Slim and lightweight.
* Nice feel in the hand.
* Easy to get on and off.
* Pleasantly grippy, but not so grippy that it will be difficult to slide in and out of pockets and handbags.
* Good amount of lip to protect the screen.
* Easy press buttons.
* Protruding rear camera is properly protected and there is no issue with flash photography.
* Glossy TPU exterior shows fingerprints easily.
* Check pattern on the interior of the case can leave a temporary mark on the back of your iPhone with use; however, it is easily rubbed off with a damp microfiber cloth.
* Case fits firmly on the phone on the top and sides, but the bottom sags somewhat. This may even interfere with the fit of some third party lightning cables.
The Tech21 Evo Check is available directly from Tech21 as well as from a variety of other retailers: it has an MSRP of $39.95 and comes in the rose and smokey colors shown here, as well as a clear and an aqua version. Many thanks to the kind folks at Tech21 for sending me out these samples to review.
Check here for a list of all Tech21 cases for the 8 Plus: